Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Have you ever felt that you were fighting a losing battle, one that, despite your most valiant efforts, you were destined to lose from the very beginning?

Why then, do we fight on? Who then, do we fight for? Most of us stumble through life without having a fucking clue what exactly we want out of life. Go here, do that, we are told. We have lost the primal and basic ability to think for ourselves; like a misguided dog chasing its own tail, we travel in a circular route, seeking our self worth and inadvertently find ourselves back where we started, disillusioned and desperately alone.

And the world could care less. Without you or me, the world continues to evolve until the day it has had enough and annihilates its inhabitants before mankind kills one another. Here’s a sobering thought: Who really gives a damn about your existence?

I am tired. An understatement. I am exhausted. Sometimes I can hardly breathe. Sometimes I am tempted to throw in the towel and say, “That’s it. I have had enough. Screw it.” Yet I stay to fight another day. Perhaps it is poignant. Perhaps it is simply pathetic that my life is a crusade to fight against the odds, to overcome the insurmountable odds that life has continuously thrown at me. I have survived. Or have I?

I would not fall without a fight. Yet I am a mere mortal. My body is weary, leaden with fatigue. My soul is disenchanted with this perpetual battle that I fight alone. The tears cloud my vision, I can no longer see clearly. Perhaps I need a rest. Perhaps I really do not care anymore. I am tired. I am exhausted.

‘ If I had wings, I would take off and fly away from this crazy world. Even if you are the one to come upon me, do not stop me.’

No comments: